Welcome to Mrs S. LDN 2nd Woman’s Crush Wednesday!!!
Get in touch if you fancy doing it with me!!
“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
Stephanie Lynn Nicks
D.O.B: 26th May 1948
Singer – Songwriter
Best Known as the Front Woman of Fleetwood Mac
Bio in more depth: Good ole Reliable Wiki….
11 Fun Facts
- Her adopted moniker, Stevie, reportedly came from her childhood pronunciation of “Stephanie” as “tee-dee.”
- Stevie had an up-and-down relationship with Eagles drummer, Don Henley (Boys of Summer always gives me goosebumps!)
- Stevie has a Yorkshire terrier mix named Sulamith and a Yorkie named Mana. Stevie has a separate wardrobe for them full of miniature versions of her own clothes
- Stevie had a severe cocaine habit that created a hole in her nasal cartilage. In 1986, she entered the Betty Ford Clinic for a 28-day rehab program. “When you’re just using other people’s drugs, you’re not really doing it, but as soon as you start buying it, you’re doing it,”
- Stevie describes her affair with fellow band member, Mick Fleetwood as “The crazy accidental affair. Never shoulda happened. And we knew it from the beginning … If there’s anything I learned from that relationship, it was, ‘Don’t go after other women’s husbands,’ because it never works out. You are never gonna be the woman if you break up a marriage. You’re just the home-wrecker.”
- Stevie Nicks had a close friendship with Prince during the 1980s
- Stevie can officiate weddings (If I had of known that……..)
- Stevie has special scarves she brings to hotel rooms to drape over lamps in case the lighting isn’t right.
- Stevie and her family moved around a lot to accommodate her father’s career. Jess Nicks became president of Greyhound. Nicks carried a bus pass that took her to any Greyhound destination for free.
- Stevie is a Twilight fan! ”I became forever entrenched in the ‘Twilight’ story,”
- Stevie was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
6 of My Fave Quotes from Stevie
“If you have stage fright, it never goes away. But then I wonder: is the key to that magical performance because of the fear?”
“Little girls think it’s necessary to put all their business on MySpace and Facebook, and I think it’s a shame…I’m all about mystery.”
“When you grow up as a girl, the world tells you the things that you are supposed to be: emotional, loving, beautiful, wanted. And then when you are those things, the world tells you they are inferior: illogical, weak, vain, empty.”
“I have my own life. And I am stronger than you know.”
“I said,’Instead of going in the direction that a lot of the women singers are going in [revealing], I’ll be very, very sexy under 18 pounds of chiffon and lace and velvet…I will have mystique.”
“Don’t be lady. Be a legend.”
If I was asked which famous rock chick I would ever want to be, hands down it would be Stevie Nicks!
Everything about her just fascinates me! And the music, by Lord, the music!
Tune in every Wednesday for my Woman’s Crush!
Lots of Love…