Welcome to Mrs S. LDN Woman’s Crush Wednesday!!!
Previous #WCW Can be found below:
“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
Full Name: Sheridan Smith
D.O.B: 25th June 1981
Actress, Singer, Dancer
Bio in more depth: Good ole Reliable Wiki….
12 Fun Facts about Sheridan Smith
- Sheridan’s parents, Colin and Marilyn Smith where a country music duo called the Daltons
- At 8 years of age, her older brother (18) passed away after a battle with cancer. In 2015 her father passed away from the same disease.
- Her first professional appearance was at the young age of 14 playing the lead role for Annie
- Between 2007 – 2009 Sheridan was in a relationship with James Cordon.
- Smith was appointed an OBE in the 2015 New Year Honours for her services to drama.
- Smith was in Gavin and Stacey – Smithy’s sister Rudy!
- Sheridan has played some amazing characters including Cilla Black, Elle Woods and my favourite, Mrs Biggs.
- Smith effortlessly moves from comedy to drama in her roles and has won numerous awards for her roles
- Sheridan also is a narrator for shows including Bear Grylls: Mission Survive and Bizarre ER
- Dan Chambers said “Sheridan’s a genuine talent, her fans love her and she’s one of the country’s finest all-round entertainers.”
- At the age of 16 she moved to London to preform in Bugsy Malone and never went home.
- “At the moment I have three little dogs – a Shar-Pei, a Japanese Spitz and a pug – and I adore them, I call them my babies, but they’re not children really, are they? But I do know that one day I’d really like to have a proper family.”
10 of My Fave Quotes By Sheridan
“I’d like to rescue people in trouble, like Superman.”
“I’m normally a burger and chips girl – such a cheap date.”
“When you’re hiding behind a character all the time, as soon as you have to be yourself, you feel kind of terrified.”
“When a woman gets to 30, you ask her about having kids. I don’t mind – all my friends are settled with kids, so I can understand people asking, and I even get it from relatives, but I’d be a fool to miss these work opportunities. And there’s no time limit. One day I’ll find my prince, but at the minute, I’m enjoying kissing a few frogs.”
“I certainly never get above my station – my family would soon slap me back down to earth.”
“I’m always wearing Spanx, eating ice cream and feeling a bit lonely.”
“Not having gone to drama school, I always feel like a bit of a fraud, but so far it looks as though I’ve not been found out.”
“I do love Louboutin shoes, but I need to stop buying them because I don’t go to many ‘dos,’ so they just line up. I’m normally in my trainers.”
“I don’t mind being unlikely. I’d rather that than be predictable.”
“I’m such a weirdo. I’m animal-mad, so my ideal date would probably be something involving going to see animals.”
Another week and another crush!
Tune in every Wednesday for my Woman’s Crush!