Welcome to Mrs S. LDN 5th Woman’s Crush Wednesday!!!
Get in touch if you fancy doing it with me!!
Previous #WCW Can be found below:
“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
We’ve had singers, actors and comedians…. I think it’s time for a writer!
D.O.B: 31 July 1965
Novelist – Film Producer – Television Producer – Screenwriter – Philanthropist
Bio in more depth: Good ole Reliable Wiki….
12 Fun Facts about J.K…
- Joanne’s birthday wasn’t to long ago…. She also shares her birthday with Harry
- Harry Potter was rejected 12 times before Bloomsbury picked it up…. 12 people kicking themselves as we speak…..
- Jo used J.K as her name for Harry Potter to rule out gender bias. It’s also not the first time she has published under a pen name. She has also gone by Robert Galbraith.
- Joanne has no middle name, she took on K after her Grandmother, Kathleen.
- “Jessica Mitford has been my heroine since I was 14 years old” She also named her daughter Jessica…
- The first draft of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was completed on a manual typewriter
- Rowling is one of the richest author’s in the world
- Jo had a huge presence in the making of the Movies… first as a consultant and later as a producer
- Rowling was diagnosed with clinical depression in her 20’s. This was her source of inspiration for the Dementors in the Potter books.
- Joanne has no desire to stop working as she believes it sets a good example to her children
- Harry Potter is the bestselling book series in history
- Jo is a fan of twitter and is regularly on here tweeting
9 of My Fave Quotes from J K Rowling
“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.”
“I have never been remotely ashamed of having been depressed. Never. What’s to be ashamed of? I went through a really rough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that.”
“You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversity.”
“Luck can only get you so far.”
“There is an expiration date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you.”
“If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
“Are you the sort of person who gloats when they see a woman fall, or the kind that celebrates a magnificent recovery?”
“Is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or ‘cruel’? Not to me.“If it’s a good book, anyone will read it. I’m totally unashamed about still reading things I loved in my childhood.”
“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”
To the lady that encouraged our generation to pick up a book! This is the lady that framed my childhood. A Harry Potter fan till the end ❤️
Another week and another crush!
Tune in every Wednesday for my Woman’s Crush!