Welcome to Mrs S. LDN 8th Woman’s Crush Wednesday!!!
Previous #WCW Can be found below:
“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
D.O.B: January 19th, 1946
Singer songwriter, Multi-instrumentalist Record Producer, Actor, Author, Business Woman, Humanitarian
Bio in more depth: Good ole Reliable Wiki….
12 Fun Facts about Dolly
- Dolly is from a big family, she is the 4th of 12 children. She grew up poor in the Tennessee’s Great Smokey Mountains
- The first cloned mammal was named after Dolly! Scientist Ian Wilmut said, “Dolly is derived from a mammary gland cell, and we couldn’t think of a more impressive pair of glands than Dolly Parton’s.”
- Parton has been married to her husband Carl Dean since 1966, that’s 51 years of marriage. “We’re really proud of our marriage. It’s the first for both of us. And the last.”
- Miley Cyrus is her god child
- Dolly has a theme park called Dollywood in Tennessee.
- All in all, Dolly has written approx 5000 songs. She see’s herself as a writer first and a singer second
- In 1995, she founded Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. Her father was illiterate and this is one of the things he was most proud off her for.
- Dolly left for the bright lights of Nashville the day after her school graduation. “I always wanted to be a star. It just seemed natural to me,” she said. “Making music is all I’ve ever known.”
- On her first afternoon in Nashville she met the man who would become her husband. “He’s good for me, cause he’s so different in nature from me”
- Ever the business woman, from the beginning, she owns the copyrights and the publishing for her works.
- Parton has won numerous awards over the years, but her favourite? A bronze statue of herself in her home town “because it came from the people who know me.”
- Dolly is the most honored female country performer to date.
10 of My Fave Quotes from Dolly Parton
The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
Storms make trees take deeper roots.
It’s a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I’d be a drag queen.
I thank God for my failures. Maybe not at the time but after some reflection. I never feel like a failure just because something I tried has failed.
Adjusting to the passage of time, I think, is a key to success and to life: just being able to roll with the punches.
A lot of people have said I’d have probably done better in my career if I hadn’t looked so cheap and gaudy. But I dress to be comfortable for me, and you shouldn’t be blamed because you want to look pretty.
I’m not going to limit myself just because people won’t accept the fact that I can do something else.
I know who I am, I know what I can and can’t do. I know what I will and won’t do. I know what I’m capable of and I don’t agree to do things that I don’t think I can pull off.
I don’t like to give advice. I like to give people information because everyone’s life is different, and everyone’s journey is different.
You gotta keep trying to find your niche and trying to fit into whatever slot that’s left for you or to make one of your own.
Another week and another crush!
Tune in every Wednesday for my Woman’s Crush!