Welcome to Mrs S. LDN 14th Woman’s Crush Wednesday!!!
Previous #WCW Can be found below:
“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
Full Name: Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter
D.O.B: September 4th, 1981
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress, Record Producer
Bio in more depth: Good ole Reliable Wiki….
15 Fun Facts about Beyonce
- Beyonce is her mother’s maiden name, tweaked, Beyincé
- Bey has known Michelle Rowland since she was 8 years old.
- Tina, Beyonce’s mother, designed the wardrobe for Desiny’s Child
- Sasha Fierce is an alter ego Beyonce created to help her on stage in the early 00’s. It also helped her to differentiate herself from her stage persona. In 2010 she said she no longer needs Sasha as “I’m now able to merge the two,”
- “I see music. It’s more than just what I hear (…) When I’m connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion-a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they’re all connected to the music.”
- B is 5 ft 6” tall.
- Her father quit his job to become the manager of Destiny’s Child. This meant a pay cut of 50% and lead to the family having to live separately for sometime.
- Beyonce is a huge fan of last week’s WCW – Michelle Obama. Beyonce has preformed for the Obama’s twice!
- B preformed at the Super Bowl in 2013. At the time, the performance held the record for the 2nd most tweeted moment in history.
- The Carter’s suffered a miscarriage ‘It’s the saddest thing I’ve ever been through’
- In 2006 her live band was formed, The Suga Mamas, all female
- Beyonce is the 1st female to win 6 grammys in ONE night!
- Michael Jackson was a huge inspiration to Beyonce. “Michael Jackson changed me, and helped me to become the artist I am. Thank you Michael,”
- Mr & Mrs Carter are in the Guinness World Records. In 2010 they were named the Highest Earning Power Couple
- Queen B once said her favourite song was Lovefool by The Cardigans.
12 of My Fave Quotes By Beyonce
“Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.”
“Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”
“The reality is: sometimes you lose. And you’re never too good to lose. You’re never too big to lose. You’re never too smart to lose. It happens.”
“Women have to take the time to focus on our mental health — take time for self, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish.”
“I felt like it was time to set up my future, so I set a goal. My goal was independence.”
“If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.”
“The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.”
“I can never be safe; I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am.”
“I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.”
“A true diva is graceful, and talented, and strong, and fearless and brave and someone with humility.”
“I embrace mistakes. They make you who you are.”
“Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything?”
Another week and another crush!
Tune in every Wednesday for my Woman’s Crush!