Welcome to Mrs S. LDN 4th Woman’s Crush Wednesday!!!
Get in touch if you fancy doing it with me!!
Previous #WCW Can be found below:
“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
D.O.B: September 16, 1971
Actor – Comedian – Director – Producer – Writer – Humanitarian
Bio in more depth: Good ole Reliable Wiki….
11 Fun Facts about Amy
- Amy’s middle name is Meredith
- Both of Amy’s parents have Irish roots
- Amy is 5-foot 2-inch in height!
- Amy was in Mean Girls…She was Rachel McAdams mom!!
- Amy delivered the Class Day address to Harvard University’s class of 2011
- Amy has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for her contributions in television.
- Amy has a web series called Smart Girls at the Party, “girls who are changing the world by being themselves.”
- Amy is active in women’s issues and serves as Ambassador for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation
- Amy has two boys – Archie and Abel “Always remember your kid’s name. Always remember where you put your kid. Don’t let your kid drive until their feet can reach the pedals. Use the right size diapers. . .for yourself. And, when in doubt, make funny faces.”
- Amy and Tina Fey have been friends for over 20 years – “Our relationship is the same age as Lourdes Ciccone, and like Lourdes, we think of ourselves as ‘Madonna’s daughters'”.
- “I have a thing for tiny crocheted cupcakes, little carved pieces of sushi. I have no idea where the obsession came from, but I hope it never ends.
8 of My Fave Quotes from Amy
“I think we should stop asking people in their twenties what they “want to do” and start asking them what they don’t want to do.”
“Saying “yes” doesn’t mean I don’t know how to say no, and saying “please” doesn’t mean I am waiting for permission.”
“Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it. Doing what you’re afraid of, getting out of your comfort zone, taking risks like that- that’s what life is. You might be really good. You might find out something about yourself that’s really special and if you’re not good, who cares? You tried something. Now you know something about yourself”
“You have to care about your work but not about the result. You have to care about how good you are and how good you feel, but not about how good people think you are or how good people think you look.”
“Telling me to relax or smile when I’m angry is like bringing a birthday cake into an ape sanctuary. You’re just asking to get your nose and genitals bitten off.”
“How a person treats their waitress is a great indication of their character.”
“It’s very hard to have ideas. It’s very hard to put yourself out there, it’s very hard to be vulnerable, but those people who do that are the dreamers, the thinkers and the creators. They are the magic people of the world.”
“I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.”
Another week and another crush!
Tune in every Wednesday for my Woman’s Crush!
Lots of Love…