Welcome to Mrs S. LDN first Woman’s Crush Wednesday!!!
I mentioned in my previous post – Mrs S LDN Update that I wanted to start this series. It seems like a hell of a lot of fun and right up my street. Get in touch if you fancy doing it with me!!
“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
Kerry Marisa Washington
D.O.B: 31st January 1977
Actor – Film, TV, Theater, & Activist
Best Known for her role as Olive Pope on Scandal, DC’s Fixer.
Bio in more depth: Good ole Reliable Wiki….
10 Fun Facts
- Kerry was named after the county in Ireland
- Kerry was bored and raised in NYC. She has also crossed paths with J Lo when taking dance classes
- Kerry doesn’t drink coffee……. This one scared me, I’m like #Girlboss with no coffee???
- Kerry played Teen Mom Chenille in Save the Last Dance! She was Derek’s Sister!
- Kerry’s Grandparents names can be found on the walls of Ellis Island.
- Kerry has a shih tzu–Yorkie mix, named Josie,
- Like her on-screen character Olive, Kerry loves popcorn
- Kerry is a Creative Ambassador for OPI, with a Washington Collection!
- In 2013 Kerry was named PEOPLES “World’s Best Dressed Woman”
- Kerry is a Member of V Day, a Global Activist Movement to end Violence against Women & Girls
5 of My Fave Quotes from Kerry
“I realised that I don’t have to be perfect. All I have to do is show up and enjoy the messy, imperfect and beautiful journey of my life.”
“We all deserve to have our stories told. And we all have much to gain by walking in other people’s shoes.”
“My role in Scandal teaches women that you don’t have to be an accessory. You can be the lead in your own life.”
“The reality is we all have nerves … We all wonder at times ‘What am I doing here? What is going on?’ But if I said to myself ‘I’m only going to show up, or speak or be visible when I’m perfect’, I would never get out of bed … It’s about knowing what I am in this moment is what I need to be. And going for it. The imperfections are actually a gift.”
“Clothes can help you transform into who you need to be perceived as.”
5 of My Fave Quotes from Olivia
“If you want me, earn me!”
“I am very good at what I do. I am better at it than anyone else. And that is not arrogance, that is a fact.”
“I’m choosing me. I’m choosing Olivia. And right now, Olivia is dancing. Now, you can dance with me or you can get off my dance floor. I’m fine dancing alone.”
You have NO IDEA what I’m capable of”
“I’m never out of options”
So there ya go, my first in the series and what a way to kick it off with!! Tune in every Wednesday for my Woman’s Crush!
Lots of Love…