As you may know I am a member of the Spectacular Team 🙂
Back in February I got an updated eye test. Sadly I didn’t pass the test and my eyes where slightly worse off…. So a new pair of frames were needed.
I have been going to Specsavers now for 3 years.To be fair they have quite a good range of own brand glasses as well as high-end. They almost always have deals on and if you time it right can get a 2 for 1 on frames which is very handy. Glasses are not cheap! You’d think people actually want them!!! I only went as I have a voucher from work… I really didn’t think there would be any change. Just the usual check up and another 2 years of not thinking about it.
At the time I was flat broke. So a Specsavers own brand, cheap and cheerful single black pair were wrapped and bagged and off I went. I liked them and they did the job. Getting back from holidays, I wanted another pair. Que having a look online and checking out some styles…..
I had heard Glasses Direct was quite a good online option for specs especially if you have your prescription already handy. It also has the added bonus of not having to go in store and spend a whole afternoon gruelling over frames! The reviews online were also pretty decent…..
The website is pretty easy to get around. You can filter colour, style, gender and ££. You can home trial and try before buying which I thought was pretty cool. I’m a in for a penny in for a pound kinda girl and at the time there was an offer for 2 frames for £19 sooooooo I didn’t opt for this.
So……….. I picked 2 frames, entered my prescription for each, added anti reflection, hit the checkout and clicked proceed………..
First up was Ashley in TORTOISE
They were exactly what I was expecting. No different to the website. If anything they were stronger than I imagined. They also felt more expensive than my Specsavers Blacks. Much heavier in weight and they fit like a glove!
They also came with their own case and cleaning cloth.
Next up is Stan in Gold
These also turned up exactly how I thought they would. No hidden surprises. A little less sturdy than Ashley but with a different kind of make up so to be expected. These where a wild card. My attempt at keeping up with the kids lets say….
These also came with their own case and a cleaning cloth for them.
Over all I’m chuffed with them. Both will be worn and both make sure I don’t worsen my sight 🙂
5* for me!
Price Break Down
|Stan – Gold Including Anti Reflection||£71.00|
|Ashley – Tortoise: Free 2nd Pair with Anti Reflection Included||£12.00|
|VAT sales summary|
|Dispensing services (VAT exempt):||£31.83|
|Goods (UK standard rate VAT):||£25.12|
**This was the same price I paid for one pair of Specsavers own brand with Anti Reflection give or take a few pennies.
So let’s get down to some nitty gritty
- You need you prescription in order to fill it in and confirm your order.
- I ordered them on Saturday and they were delivered on Wednesday. Extra’s or more difficult lenses may take longer.
- If in doubt, opt for the trial.
- Try and find sizes similar to your own. On the website they show you how to measure your current pair and then you can see what will match up for you.
- Do opt in for the anti reflection if you work with computers a lot. Other additions can be purchased to. Go through all the options as everyone has different needs. This will be added onto of the price of the glasses. Bare this in mind if you are on a strict budget.
- Read the reviews of the glasses. This will give you a good idea of how they have come for others. This will also give you an idea of the quality of the frames.
I hope this helps and gives you another option on buying glasses. I will be using them again should my prescription change.
Lots of Love….