I used to sew in school back in the day and wanted to take it up again! This January one of my new years resolutions was to get back into it. I wanted another craft under my belt and with the wedding being well behind us, I knew I’d miss my craft Saturday’s.
So the search for a machine began. I wanted a new machine, something easy to use, moveable, suitable for beginner / intermediate levels and budget friendly.
The Janome Decor Excel 20
This machine was my choice for a number of reasons:
- Mid Range Value. Not to cheap not to expensive
- A known brand, also one a lot of youtube blogs use (easy to follow their tips and tricks!)
- Good reviews online – Reviews…
- I could get it in John Lewis to which is great as they have a 2 year guarantee!
All in all I am happy with the machine. Also it has a few additions that I didn’t realise it had when I bought it:
- A light
- A hidden box for storage, already filled with some goodies
The only fault I had when I opened the box was that it doesn’t come with a hard box cover, just a plastic cover. Maybe this is how they are now a days. That was the only slight disappointment. It does make it less bulky than I remember our old one being though….
I would highly recommend this machine for a beginner to intermediate sewer!! I’ve been using it now since early January and she’s really easy to get on with. I was surprised at how quickly it all comes back to you once you get going 🙂
Hope this helps anyone looking to purchase a sewing machine!