I regret taking such good care of my skin….. said no-one ever! – Unknown
Last June, after having ticked off many items on our wedding planning list, I finally came round to wedding skin prep. With 6 months to go I thought I had buckets of time!
Some people agreed, some didn’t. Some where shocked I had made it to 26 years of age only using a moisturiser….. What can I say? I’ve been blessed with fairly decent skin.
Lots of places online say you should start a full face routine straight away. Others say you should start from birth!!! It’s hard to know…..
I purchased a number of lotions and potions and started getting on with it. Over the months, some I dropped fairly quick and others have been repurchased over and over again.
I always thought I had a dry skin setup. I, in fact have combination skin. A skin care expert in Boots told me this while I was in there purchasing products. I would recommend finding this out before you go buying anything as most products are directed at different skin types. If you know yours, with confidence, life becomes a little easier.
So without further ado, here’s what I am currently using in my routine!
Cleanse & Tone
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
- My Favourite cleanser. I use this both day and night. It gets rid of EVERYTHING. I also do this stage twice. A full take off then I go again. Normally 3/5 cotton pads worth.
- I have tried the other versions of this product but I always return to the pink cap.
- Garnier SkinActive Naturals- Rose Toner
- My Go to Toner. I also use this both day and night. I glides on easily, smells fab and I think helps my skin glow.
- Rose water has multiple benefits and having at least one product in my routine with it makes me happy! Did I mention I have rosy checks??
- Soap & Glory SPEED PLUMP ALL-DAY SUPER MOISTURE MARVEL
- My go to day moisturizer. It’s silky on the skin and makes me feel all dewy-eyed, perfect for first thing in the morning
- NIVEA Soft Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream
- I use this product at night after my cleanse and tone. It’s not sold as a night cream but I feel it does a cracking job and works for me!
Scrub and Cleansing Milk
- Soap & Glory™ Face Soap & Clarity™ 3-in-1 Daily Vitamin C Facial Wash
- This little beauty is a permanent fixture in my shower tray. I use it each shower to scrub my face and neck. I’ve repurchased it a number of times and love it!
- Soap & Glory PEACHES AND CLEAN Deep Cleansing Milk
- This cleansing milk comes out when I have a break out. I find it so much softer on my skin when I’m spotty or scabby. Yep, I’m a picker!! Its less harsh and very soothing for me!
- No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask Dry / Very Dry
- I love this mask when I’m feeling extra dry. I also love to use this after a night out. It brings me back to life in less than 10 minutes! What more could a girl want??
- Cotton Rounds
- I go through these bad boys like no one’s business!! I have tried every make out there, seriously!! Hands down, these are the best. They are the softest I’ve found and don’t fall apart as easily as others. They are also the cheapest!! Winner winner for sure!
A few weeks back at the Blogger’s Festival I got a goody bag loaded with lots of lovely things. In it was 2 face items that I have been having a go off. So far both have been quite nice! Not to sure yet which will be repurchased but I thought I should share them.
Green People – SOOTHE
- Green People Soothe Facial Trio Gift Set
- This trio contains – Jojoba & Calendula Cleanser 30ml, Chamomile & Marshmallow Face Serum 30ml and Avocado & Green Tea Moisturiser 30ml
- I’ve used it once and all smelled fabulous! I’m hoping to keep this for when I travel.
- 7th Heaven Face Masks
- These little beauties have been hilarious!! I had never done one before so was very keen to give them a go! The peel ones are by far my favourite! There is something very soothing and satisfying getting one of in one go!! I will be reviewing these in more detail over the coming months.
There we have it, what my skin routine looks like at the moment!
It has added a few minutes on to my day but I can see the benefits.
One thing I would mention is that it doesn’t have to cost the earth. My first initial purchase was a big hit as I had nothing to start with. BUT they don’t all run out together and since then I have only had to purchase one at a time. Also do keep an open mind with it, if another brand is on offer, try it out! If it works, brilliant. If not, at least you’ve ruled it out going forward.
My overall verdict is I’m delighted I started looking after my skin. Something is defiantly better than nothing at all. Lets face it, my teenage skin is truly behind me now. My skin is in such better shape! I have less break outs and my skin feels more softer / glow-ier / healthier. I will defiantly continue my regime. One things for sure, I’m sorry I didn’t look into this sooner!
I have combination skin with rosy checks! Any products anyone else uses with my kinda setup who can recommend anything to try do let me know!
What’s your go to products?