‘If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.’ Henry Ford
A few weeks ago I mentioned I was looking into a Blog Consultation. I have finally bit the bullet and done it!
I looked around, checked out a good few reviews and in the end I went with Emma from Hello Foxy.
- I love her blog and it’s always one I keep an eye on to see how she’s doing and more importantly how she’s doing it.
- I have been following her for a while and trust her judgment.
- Emma was very reasonably priced!
How I Did It
- Before payment you can in touch with her and asked her for more information on the process. She kindly sent me the 6 page form she asks her clients to complete for the task. She was professional and soothing, I immediately felt in good hands.
- The form consisted of 6 pages…. Sectioned out and covering goals, social media info, traffic, views, ideal readership, your blog strategies, what you want from the consultation, and a hell of a lot more!
- Once payment had been made I sent the completed form over and waited…. patiently.
- Less than 5 days later, a PDF hit my inbox. 22 FULL PAGES LONG! Boy did she cover everything. I’m not sure what I had been expecting but that much content was way more than I ever hoped for.
- 22 pages, at first glance seemed like I had a crap load of work ahead of me. Could my blog really be that bad?? Don’t worry, it wasn’t all bad stuff like I imagined it could be. It was all extremely useful info that only a second pair of educated eyes could have pointed out.
- Emma was amazing in how she critiqued my blog. She pointed out what was right and what could use more help. All done in the most lovely language so that even when I knew she could have been harsher, she delivered the news in a nice effective way.
- Each section of the original form was laid out and discussed in great detail. Each section was given ample attention and insight. There wasn’t anything NOT covered!
- Before it arrived I was terrified it would all be gut wrenching, it is my baby after all. Emma handled Mrs S. with silk gloves and it felt she was just as invested in the blog as I am.
- Here’s the tough part… with so much to go over, I need to take a few days off from posting to regroup, rethink and implement the changes needed to improve Mrs. S.
- I will be focusing on all the amazing things Emma has shown me and the tips she has given me to make the blog better!
The main thing I have learned from this is that it was money well spent. Blogging is a hobby that I hope to continue doing and one day maybe earn a bit of cash from. Without investment, it will be so much slower / harder. Like taking a road trip without the sat nav. If you think about it, himself plays golf as a hobby, he needs to buy clubs to do it and purchase lessons if he can’t fix something. It’s the same thing for me!
So, over the next week or so I will be “under construction”. Please don’t be upset with me, I hope to come back better and stronger than before!