“The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The. willingness to learn is a choice.” Brian Herbert
This little series is well and truly on it’s way. I’m loving it each week and hope you guys are to! If one person can take something from each post I’m one the moon with that!!
Here’s a few posts of what I’ve covered so far:
This week I wanted to talk about a Pinterest Webinar I recently signed up for.
I found a free webinar online which helps you improve your Pinterest profile. I signed up and gave it a shot and was very pleased with it. So much so I wanted to share it with you guys!
The webinar was:
This is a FREE webinar you can sign up to here.
So in this post I don’t want to give anything away as such as that would be unfair to Melyssa.
I will outline key points I found very useful to and show you why I think carving out 120 minutes of you life on this is worth it!
Yo! My name is Melyssa Griffin and I am OBSESSED with teaching online entrepreneurs and bloggers how to make their passions profitable (and popular)!
- You sign up via the link and subscribe to a time slot that suits you best
- I picked a Monday night webinar and when I logged in to start there was already 248 other attendees.
- It lasts around 120 minutes, the last 10 minutes are “ads” if you like of other webinars Melyssa has that you can purchase.
- I would recommend giving your full attention to it while its running to get the most out of it!
Here are a few key points covered that I have been working on.
Get a New Mind Frame
- Pinterest is a search engine like Google. NOT a social media platform like Instagram or Twitter.
- Avoid hash tags like the plague
- Become a Curator, not a hoarder
- Don’t Pin for you, pin for searchable intel
Pins & Audience
- Know your audience and pin for them
- Create appropriate Boards for your audience, niche and topics
- Do not make it hard for your followers on Pinterest. Tips on how to make your profile user-friendly
- Info on Power Pinners
- Info on Rich Pins
- Keywords for Pins
- Pin descriptions
- Info on creating a relevant Bio for you page
- Where and how to place your boards on your profile
Making the Connection between Pinterest and Your Blog
- “What do you want people to do once they clicked over onto your blog from Pinterest”
- Sign Up options, opt in suggestions
- Maintaining consistency across the two platforms
- How to implement these suggestions
This is also not everything that was covered, there was so much more! These points are just what I pulled from it. If you do decide to sign up to it be prepared and have a pen and paper with you to take notes!
So with all the above mentioned, this webinar is a great starting point for anyone looking to increase their Pinterest profile. It’s also a FREE webinar. What more could you want??
I really enjoyed it and implemented a number of the tips and tricks covered. Since doing so I have noticed an increase in traction from my Pinterest profile for my blog. It’s also what got me thinking about my tag line – She’s Whiskey in a teacup……
I found it on one of the Facebook groups I follow and thought what do I have to lose?!?!?! This is also all my own opinion and I am not related to this link or affiliated or anything. It’s just something I cam across that I wanted to share with you guys!
I would definitely recommend it!! What do you think, is this something you could use?
Do let me know if you give it a go and what you thought of it!