” ‘If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. “
In my previous post – Mrs S. LDN Update – I mentioned I wanted to start a mini series for you guys about all the things I’m learning about my blog. Things I come across that I think may be useful to others. Tips, tricks and ideas that have either helped me or pushed me in a direction that has benefited Mrs S. LDN.
Originally I thought I would do it once a month, a recap of what I had looked into and done on the blog that month….. Yeeeee… with the rate I’m learning new things I cannot keep count of all my post its making sure I don’t forget anything! So….. I’ll be doing this every Monday… I’ll be keeping them short and sweet because who am I kidding…. I am not a pro! This will just be a quick highlight of what I’ve done…
So this week, being the first one, will be down in my usual Sunday slot as originally planned. From then on it will move into its newly appointed slot of Monday nights! This does mean we will have 3 postings a week….. God help us all 🙂 Lets see how I get on with that……..
So many bloggers have mentioned Pinterest is their biggest source of traffic. I have not yet to get my head around that. Facebook and the WordPress Reader are my main 2 right now… With that being said, I wanted to learn more about this and solve the rubix cube that is Pinterest….
Are we following each other on Pinterest?? If not let me know below in the comments!! Mine can be found here…..
Here’s my list of 5 things I’ve done to get me further up this ladder!
- First, I converted my Pinterest account into a business account……
- This article helped me make the conversion.
- It took me less than an hour. There is a gazillion articles and posts to help you make the move…
- By doing this I got access Pinterest analytics for my account.
- Before I made the move I never had any referrals from my Pinterest account. Now it regularly appears…. Slowly but surely I’m getting the numbers up!
- Then, I reorganised my boards, a board per category….
- I tried to keep them as close to my blog as possible to maintain consistency
- I added descriptions to my boards to help myself out with the searches
- I “Hide” any personal boards and deleted ones that where no longer relevant.
- I then requested follows / Joins on Pinterest Group Boards
- A group board is just like a regular board, except that the owner can invite collaborators to pin on their board
- There are rules for each group so choose ones that you can abide by the rules…. pinning so many a day etc.
- Also when looking for group boards, keep in mind one’s that your posts would suit so you can add them in.
- Find group boards here and here.
- I also updated my blog to make sure my new Pinterest account was accessible.
- I also made sure added widgets to make sure all my photos could be made pinable….
- Free widget: AccessPress Pinterest
- Lastly…. I Pin….. Not just my own stuff, but others too.
- You can do this when reading a post, see the PIN button below?? Go on…. Hit it….
- I created a board called Mrs S – Blogs To Look Out For!
- In here, I pin blogs I follow and their posts I found really good or helpful 🙂
- It’s no fun playing on your own….. Since I started pinning others, I have noticed my stats increase further….
As I mentioned above… I am in NO WAY a expert. In the last few months I have gotten really interested in the admin of blogging if you like…. I’ve been looking into growing my blog and bettering it in many different aspects. This series is so I can show you what I’m learning / doing with my own in the hope that it helps someone else! After all… sharing is caring!
If you are a Pinterest Guru / Mastermind… Please let us know any tips and tricks you have for us in the comments below! Or any posts we should have a nose at!!
Lots of Love….